Back To Pain Management Services
Not everyone with cancer has cancer pain, but some do. If you have cancer that’s spread or recurred, your chance of having pain is higher.
Cancer pain takes many forms. It can be dull, achy, sharp or burning. It can be constant, intermittent, mild, moderate or severe. How much pain you feel depends on a number of factors, including the type of cancer you have, how advanced it is, where it’s situated and your pain tolerance.
Most cancer pain is manageable, and controlling your pain is an essential part of your treatment.
- Pain can be caused by cancer itself. Pain could happen if cancer grows into or destroys nearby tissue.
- Tumors can also release chemicals that can cause pain.
- Cancer treatments, including surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, also can cause pain.
Pain caused by cancer can manifest in soft tissue, nerves, bones, and organs.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers. For mild and moderate levels of pain, pain relievers that don’t require a prescription may help. Examples include aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others).
- Medications derived from opium (opioids). Opioids are prescription medications used to treat moderate to severe pain. Examples of opioids include morphine (Kadian, Ms Contin, others) and oxycodone (Oxycontin, Roxicodone, others).
- Other prescription medicines. Other types of medicine can help relieve pain, including antidepressants, anti-seizure drugs and steroids.
Some people find some pain relief through massage, physical therapy, relaxation exercises, meditation and hypnosis.
A nerve block procedure can be used to stop pain signals from being sent to the brain. In this procedure, a numbing medicine is injected around or into a nerve.
Reviews on our treatments
“I was looking for a Social Media Course to expand my career horizon. A friend of mine suggested to learn from Steve’s online courses and it really worked for me.”
Flora BakerNew York
“A fantastic and very engaging course. All of the information offered by Steve was completely practical, relevant and presented in an easy, digestible and interesting way.”
“This course was a breakthrough in my knowledge of digital marketing. The content is comprehensive and of great quality, engaging and interactive.”